We are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist to join our team. Work within a growing and thriving multi-disciplinary team of therapists to provide support for children and families. Help our team to develop and deliver individualised, evidence-based services.
We aim to help families across a broad range of areas including:
- Play skills
- Social skills
- Sensory processing difficulties
- Motor skills
- Self-help and everyday living skills
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Anxiety management
- Qualifications in Occupational Therapy.
- Current membership with APHRA
- Experience delivering therapy within natural learning environments e.g. centre, home, educational and community based settings.
- Ability to work independently implementing OT assessments and strategies, particularly addressing functional goals and sensory integration strategies
- Knowledge of the principals of family-centred practice
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritise, plan ahead, anticipate risks and problem solve.
- Current drivers licence and access to a vehicle.
- Current Working With Children and police check clearance.
- Paediatric experience, esp. targeting children 0-3 years of age.
- Training and experience in administering the Sensory Processing Measure
- Additional training in provision of therapy to children with Autism.
- Current first-aid certificate.