Family Survey – feedback
Thanks to all the families who provided feedback at the end of last year. Here is an overview of the results:
Families identified the following as the best aspects of our service:
- Supportive Staff: families felt understood, were able to develop trusting relationships, have questions answered and felt that staff truly cared about each individual child and family.
- Great Therapy: therapy individualised to meet each child’s needs, goals were reflected in therapy and achievements made and celebrated, their child was happy and engaged.
- The Environment: families indicated they felt welcome, comfortable and not judged by others and that their children had fun whilst in therapy.
Families indicated that they were very satisfied, (67%) with all aspects of their therapy and 71% were very satisfied with the individual therapists supporting their child and family.
Areas where suggested improvements could be made to our services:
- Expansion: of our building or working more in the other townships within the Shire.
- Providing additional information: better promotion of all the services that they can access here, ensuring that families have information to understand their child’s needs, continue to assist families with their understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), streamline the ways in which some information is shared, e.g emails.
- Professional development for other services: supporting preschools, childcare centres, schools and other services with strategies on how to best include each child within their service.
- Continue as you are: Many families stated “don’t change what you are doing” as “all the services are great. I cannot fault them”.
I am pleased to say that most of the suggested improvement are included in Bridges for Learning 2015-2018 strategic plan.